My Etsy Shop

Thursday, February 28, 2008

Mmmmm....Thin Mints...

Steve was looking out the window yesterday evening and spied a couple of girl scouts delivering cookies in the neighborhood and began knocking on the window and waving them over. He wanted to buy some Thin Mints. They said they were only delivering cookies that had already been pre-ordered, but that he could place an order. He placed an order for 2 boxes. Dang!...no instant gratification. But about 10 minutes later we heard some little footsteps on the stairs and they reappeared with one leftover box. Sweet. The girl scouts said we could pay for both boxes on Friday, when they deliver box #2. They know we'll ante up, because they know we'll be wantin' more come Friday.

What is it about these little chocolaty bites that is so addictive? Is it the melty dark chocolate covering or the softly crispy cookie interior? Maybe the melange of mint and chocolate tastes in your mouth? Or is it simply that they are only available once a year? Hmmm.

I got an email today that lynda.com has a new "artist series" video available online. "The series takes an in-depth look at the work and processes of the design firm Pentagram and the designers David Carson, Milton Glaser, Paula Scher, Stefan Sagmeister, and James Victore." I think I'm going to check it out. You can sign up for $25/mo. and get access to all their great software training videos.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

let's try this again..I said that we came back from Bucks County this past weekend, after visiting the munchkins with 10 boxes of Girl Scout cookies...half of them are thin mints...our fav!

so I know what you are talking about...cute post!

best,
carol

Unknown said...

Each year I get so excited when it comes time to order cookies. Yay! What will I order this year? I don't think the orders have ever been the same. One thing that never changes is that I always get a box of thin mints. I just have to! They're so yummy. I can't even explain why. I think I love them so much, not necessarily because of how they taste, but because of the memories they bring. Mom wouldn't let us buy them because Daddy would eat them all after she and I went to bed (he was the worst midnight snacker ever), but I always got to have them at Grandma's house. I think I love them because they remind me of the days when life was simple and all I cared about was getting to water the flowers at Grandma's house and share some thin mint cookies :)

Know how to make a thin mint even more delicious?

Keep them in the freezer :)

Dorothy Reinhardt said...

Christina, I'm glad that they bring back fond memories for you. I used to sell Girl Scout cookies myself.

Linda Davick said...

Dorothy, you're the one who told me about lynda.com; I have never regretted signing up. It's a great resource.