My Etsy Shop

Friday, February 22, 2008

James at Wondercon

This is the best photo I managed to get of James McAvoy at Wondercon today. He was appearing to promote an upcoming film called Wanted with Angelina Jolie. Judging from the clip they showed, this is going to be a way over the top hyper action film. Not exactly my cup of tea.

But Wondercon was actually more interesting than I thought it would be. There's a Dorothy of Oz superhero or something. Who knew? I got to meet one of my favorite illustrators, Tim Raglin. He was selling some books that he had writen and illustrated. I bought two. There was also a very cool booth called The Gilded Bat, which is a store located near Sacramento which carried first editions of wonderful illustrated books. And there were lots of interesting and odd people, some in costumes. The original Lois Lane from the Superman tv show was there, as well as the actor who played Chewbacca in Star Wars.

No comments: