My Etsy Shop

Thursday, March 13, 2008

An Embarassment of Riches



My friend Diane invited me to go see Bouquets to Art at the deYoung Museum in Golden Gate Park today. I'm overwhelmed. It's a fundraiser held every year to benefit the Fine Arts Museums of San Francisco. They've been doing it for over 20 years, and this is the first time I have ever attended, but I tell ya, it won't be the last. I was blown away by it.

Diane is a docent at the Strybing Arboretum in Golden Gate Park. She was leading a walk for schoolchildren this morning, so I met her at the arboretum. Diane had a few things to take care of, so she directed me to go smell the daphne in the Asian section. I only had to follow my nose to find it. It has an amazing scent. A woman pushing a stroller asked me what smelled so good and I pointed to the daphne.

Then I noticed a Red shouldered hawk fly into a nearby tree, so I snapped a few shots of it while it watchfully monitored the gopher holes below. I took some pictures of flowers in the arboretum before we headed over to the museum and took in the gorgeous displays of flower arrangements designed to complement specific pieces of art in the museum's collection. We saw Dede Wilsey with two other wealthy-looking men in one of the galleries. One of them said, "Hello, ladies." to me and Diane. Some of my shots came out blurrier than I would have liked. But I put together a slide show which is here. If you are getting this by email, you might have to go to the blog site to see it. Enjoy.

No comments: