My Etsy Shop

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

More Bouquets to Art

It was interesting to me how well the floral designers were able to come up with arrangements that went so well with the portrait paintings they had chosen. This blue one is gorgeous. The woman in the painting is wearing a hat wrapped with blue gauze. The designer has wrapped the pedestal with blue gauze as well.

This rather formal full length life-sized portrait is nicely complemented by the tight bunches of yellow roses in this design.

This is one of my favorite paintings in their collection. It is a John Singer Sargent oil painting of a woman at a restaurant at night. I like how the designer used dark reds in the flowers to evoke the mood of the painting with the red lamps. The dark calla lilies are amazing.

This pretty fluffy pink arrangement looks nice with the soft Impressionist brushstrokes and pinks in this portrait. And the orange ranunculus standing in for the woman's red hair is a nice touch.

I think this one is a bit contrived, but it mimics the shapes, colors and mood of this formal portrait of a girl in a bonnet.


Oops, I almost forgot this one. It's hard to see the formal portrait behind it of a woman in a long black dress. I like the cascade of white orchids in this one.

No comments: